- Dr. Priscilla Grant ND
5 Winter Prep Ideas
So, in my biofeedback practice lately I am seeing several threads of
imbalances of immune system and emotional ups and downs. So, I have five ideas to support these imbalances.
2. Immune System
3. Affirmations & quotes for dealing with life stressors
4. Bone Broth
5. Hug Healing
1. Fevers: I see often now "fever" come up as a stressor in my sessions. Does someone have a low grade fever OR does the body need to have a fever? Need to have a fever? Yes! Fevers are the body's way of killing bacteria, fungus, virus, amoeba, parasites by way of heating up. We want our body to have a fever occasionally; which also means the immune system is strong enough to go through one (very energy intensive).
How to support a fever: Drink plenty of water, eat very light, lots of rest, get your spine adjusted, and drink liquid minerals if you have them (helps the body have energy to have a productive fever). How long and how high a temperature is okay? Please consult your doctor or child's pediatrician on this.
2. Immune System: Eat raw garlic (I like slices on good healthy toast with olive oil and salt) to kill pathogens especially bacteria. Lots of water with lemon and other alkalizing foods and juices. When someone is ill, IN ANY WAY, the ph of their body is acidic. So, alkalize it!! Search the internet for ph values of foods and drinks; there are books on the subject too that are invaluable. I like to immediately take chlorella, wheat grass, spirulina in supplement form; juicing greens is fantastic too. Also, when we are ill the oxygen level in the body is low. So, do some deep breathing periodically each day you are ill. When we alkalize and oxygenate the body, illness is cut short.
3. Affirmations and quotes for dealing with life's stressors: (emotional support)
Affirmations and Quotes for Life’s Stressors
"I AM Enough".
"All is well." (say 10 times)
"Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. “ By Howard Thurman
I am not what has happened to me; I am my choices. (This feels so empowering)
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” By Margaret Mead
My future is created one day at a time.
Never take anything personally. Miquel Ruiz (others' outbursts are not mine and have nothing to do with me, it is their stuff)
The only things in life that I have control over are my thoughts, actions, my health and how I choose to let things affect me. (freeing ...)
I will get strong from my life’s challenges, and I refuse to be defeated.
4. Drinking Bone Broth: Here are 6 benefits to drinking bone broth. It does take time to make (12-14 hours) to get the bones to release their goodness (always get organic bones!!). When it is gelatenous, that is perfect. I will be trying an organic bone broth protein powder soon to see how this works also.
Benefits to bone broth - Protects our joints; good for the gut; maintains healthy glowing skin; boosts detoxification; and aids our metabolism & promotes regeneration.
5. Hugs for Healing: Did you know that a 20-second hug releases the bonding hormone and neurotransmitter oxytocin, which is a natural anti-depressant? So parents, hug your newborns as much as you can for bonding. We ALL need hugs, so please get and give as many as you can each day. Hugs are good for our physical and emotional well being. Our hearts love and require lots and lots of hugs. Remember, 20 second hugs are healthiest.
Okay, that's all for now! To your vibrant health!
Biofeedback Specialists & Instructor